PRINCETON, N.J., and NEW YORK, N.Y. – March 14, 2016 – Through a non-exclusive collaboration, the Heartland Portico Gateway will be integrated with Computop Paygate, a robust platform with international payment solutions and fraud prevention, to enable Heartland’s U.S. customers to expand into new markets with secure international payment processing.
- With Heartland and Computop teaming up, customers who work with Heartland for their U.S. payment processing are now able to easily and securely extend their multichannel business globally and benefit from the large amount of domestic and international payment options that Computop Paygate provides.
- For Heartland customers, expanding to new geographies and integrating international payment methods won’t be time consuming or expensive since Computop Paygate has prebuilt integration cartridges available for leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) and shopping systems.
- With Computop’s deep experience in international e-commerce and fraud prevention, Heartland can offer its customers value-added services important for global business, including debt management solutions and access to multiple credit agency interfaces that verify an international shopper’s or business’ credit background.
- In addition to its ability to securely process a wide variety of international payment methods, Computop Paygate provides currency conversion, a solution that enables merchants to reflect and accept international currencies like Euros, United Kingdom Pound Sterling (GBP) and other currencies. This helps to reinforce consumer trust and reduce basket abandonment since shoppers see prices displayed in locally available currencies.
- Beyond the international benefits this collaboration delivers, it also offers Computop’s customers additional secure acquiring solutions in the U.S.
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE:HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the U. S., delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and Heartland Secure Out-of-Scope solutions and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.